Jan 4, 2009

Welcome 2009.

I hope I am not too late to greet everybody a happy new year & salam maal hijrah. Better late than never. OK, cut the story short, my company (well, the company I work for...) take 1st Jan as public holiday. Then for "Awal Muharam" holiday they carry forward for 2nd Jan. This is quite unusual for Johorean. Enjoying holiday on 1st Jan. So, holidays from 1st Jan until 4th Jan. A much needed rest after working my ass off for months, and finally get the project to kick-off just before new year. Now work, life, everything in steady state. And also I can see similar pattern to my blood pressure. Haha. A quick getaway to Rembau will be enough for the mean time.

To summarize 2008. It is in fact one of the most unpredictable year. I had my fair share of hits & misses. Maybe I can summarize it all in the next entry. And my prediction for 2009? Hmmm. I am no Nostradamus or pak nujum. But towards the end of 2008, the economy have gone worst since. Even though oil prices are declining, but I am not seeing any GOOD signs for daily GOODs. And to make things even worst, company are cutting back their business, lay-off workers, retrenched, etc etc. 2009 is gonna be hell of a ride. Receiving phone calls from friends looking for jobs (after being laid off), it's sad indeed. And, ohh...the fucking Israel enjoying the new year bombing the Palestine. 1.3 billion Muslims watched the 7 million population country terrorized un-armed fellow Muslim's country. Oh....my.

With recession making a "comeback tour" around the world. The electric & electronics industry are badly effected. To think about it, how the hell my Japanese company can survive this economic turmoil...? It's what we say, the miracle of life. The key word we use are 'market lop-sided'. The market are now one sided with our main competitor are being 'crushed' during the US economy crisis (not giving any names...haha). And the people in Europe & US started working from homes (after being laid-off), increasing the sales of MFC, printers, fax, etc. It's now lop-sided. Thank Allah.

I need to stop before this entry become more & more gloomy...Back to life.

Celebrating new year is not written in any part of my dictionary. But having a wife with bday on 31st Dec, this one need to write not only to dictionary, dinding bilik, organizer, but also dashboard kereta. ha ha. Woman will remember every DATE & anniversaries. My wife was born on 31 Dec. Same with my dad...my dad? Ayah aku. Bunyi mcm tak kena je bila sebut 'dad'. ha ha. and oh, my nephew, Khalish was born on 1st Muharam.

As usual, me & wife go out for dinner, it was a Thai food restaurant in Jusco Bukit Indah. We plan to go to Stone Grill but the place was packed. Just to be predictable, I bought her a new hand bag as bday gift (to match her new shoes, cloth, slippers,...sales hujung tahun la katakan...hu-hu-hu). We had long chat, flashing back 2008 & hopes for 2009. And the food was ok-ok jer. (don't expect me to come to that place again)

2009, here I come!

9 comments:

Wak Zailan said...

untung gak jadi bini ko, birthday pun dapat handbag dah, tak harga kurang rm200 confirm tak beli...

bini aku birthday 02/01, tapi aku bayarkan hutang dia as a birthday present, ok tak??

Azhan said...

untung...mmg untung...dalam beg tuh mcm poket doraemon. Mcm2 bende bole taruk. Yg keluar dr beg tuh pon mcm2 gak.

ha ha.

wah besday awal tahun ek! ok tuh beb.

Wak Zailan said...

kalau aku tau aku ngorat ko dulu.... tentu untung!!

Farhana said...

hahaha....kelakar-kelakar...nak ngorat azhan ehh...x abis2 dgn ayat2 berbaur homo nye tuh...sib baik le kamu dah kawin...anyway...azhan mmg sgt sweet...every bday,mesti belikan kad bday, bawak g mkn pastu of course ade bday present...dah 'dewasa' nih xde la nak bday2 parti...hehehe...anyway, tq so much dear for the handbag yg mcm poket doraemon tu...senang nak bawak sume2 bende ke hulu ke hilir (almaklum, pompuan kan byk khazanah)...heehehe...

Azhan said...

wak,
hahahaha. apa kata kau ngorat alanzed. Tapi mintak permission wife ko dulu.

Azhan said...

myHoney@Farhana,

:)....i memang suwettt...pewittt.
ha ha.

Wak Zailan said...

wife aku no hal....
dia kate nak kawin lagi takpe, tapi jangan simpan perempuan!!!

tapi Alanzed tu mcm xde pape jeee???
muka pun tak jambu, aku try amir fififuddin bleh??

Farhana said...

gelliiii sehhhhh....

Azhan said...

wak,
ni mcm ayat2 'encik harapan' jek. ayat2 mu akan aku buatkan satu entry khas kat blog ni....ha ha ha. Watch out! Hope float. Ingat tuh.

kau nak tackle fifi? masalahnya satu jek, kau tuh tergolong dlm taste dia tak? ha-ha-ha